To all SGRA membership,
The SGRA Executive board held a board meeting last night, to discuss various items relating to the season: refunds, cancelling season or waiting out for the potential of restrictions being lifted.
We considered many factors, and after extensive deliberations, the board unanimously concluded it would be best for SGRA to end the remainder of 2020/2021 season as of February 4th, 2021.
Three of the biggest factors in this decision is the uncertain timeline from the AHS, as well the lack of ice availability in our region and the mental well-being of our athletes.
We felt that this rollercoaster ride we have all been on with Covid, and with all the frustrations and disruptions we have incurred, this is the best decision. We do not want to get our athlete’s and parent's hopes up waiting for the next Phase of restrictions to be lifted and add to disappointed if and when they aren't.
The SGRA board is diligently discussing refunds and are in the process on finalizing the amount. We are still waiting on a few outstanding invoices, such as team dryland reimbursement and other costs to come in before we can finalize the amount.
Please watch for an email from your divisional directors in the upcoming weeks with instructions regarding equipment and jersey drop offs.
We want to thank all of you for your patience and hope you understand that much of what we have based our decision on was out of SGRA’s control.
Though this year wasn’t what we were hoping for, we are extremely proud of our athlete and volunteers.
Thank you to all who adapted and did their best, to make this season as positive an experience as possible despite the circumstances.
We look forward to getting next year’s season underway and cannot wait to see all the returning and new members, back at the rinks again soon.